Munit haec et altera vincit

One defends and the other conquers

Sunday, July 18, 2010

I want to make this clear...

I would like to make it clear that this cancer is not going to take my life any time soon or ever if I have anything to do with it. It is my understanding, from what I know (which is not very much), that this is a fairly small tumor (2.2cm to be exact).

Some of the statistics I have read give me a 95% chance of being alive in 5 years....Wow so I have a 5% chance of dying in the next 5 years from this disease...I don't know if I like that or not...No really, I think those stats are for old people who are closer to dying anyway...I am 100% sure I will not die from this disease in the next 5 years...I can't promise I'll still be alive if some other thing may pop up, but neither can any of you.

I think it's great how many people have taken time out of their lives to write to me, call me, and pray for me. I really brings my spirits up. I can tell you that this is all that has been on mind. You can't get it out of your head. Its a weird feeling like I have some type of disease...Oh wait I do...But yeah that's how it feels. I read somewhere that it's like having an alien in your body and you just want it to be taken out. I can totally relate to that. I can't wait for it to be taken out. This past week, all I can think about is those little cancer cells taking over more and more good cells as I sit around and eat bon bon's. I hope I go to the doctor tomorrow and he sets up the surgery appointment this week. I wouldn't complain one bit.

1 comment:

  1. That's good news and a great attitude.

    You know, I'm a pretty positive guy, but I would venture a guess there's not much better than a 95% chance I'll be alive in 5 years and, so far as I know, I'm in good health.

    Keep on plugging away. You've got this thing!

    ReplyDelete